I threw an impromptu girls night last weekend with a couple of fire wives and found these fun drinks to make. They turned out amazing. Just be ware, they go down easy and with all the sugar you will get a headache in the morning if you drink too many lol
I liked this recipe because the ingredients were pretty inexpensive and it didn’t require very many. After a couple, hey I wasn’t driving, the sugar started melting down the glass and became pretty messy. lol So you may want to pay attention and keep coasters or napkins around to put the glasses on.
When I did my search online for drinks I chose pineapple juice as the target keyword. I needed some more pineapple juice for the teriyaki chicken so why not put the leftover juice to work?
I’m looking forward to doing some searches for some drinks that will do well camping this summer. We just can’t wait to get our trailer out for a vacation!
- 2/3 cup pineapple juice, chilled
- 1/3 cup vanilla flavored vodka
- 1 dash grenadine syrup – I used a Tbsp or 2
- 2 pineapple wedges
- 2 maraschino cherries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- I lemon wedge
- In a medium size bowl, combine sugar, extract and food coloring. You will need to crunch up the sugar so it’s not clumpy and the color evens out.
- Take the lemon wedge and circle the rim of the glass and just slightly down the outside.
- Immediately swirl the rim of the glass in the colored sugar and then set aside.
- Pour the pineapple juice, vodka and grenadine into a shaker full of ice.
- Shake, then strain into two martini glasses.
- Top with cherry and add pineapple wedge to side of glass.